Getting StartedAccount InformationFinancial SettingsFinish
What You Need
Account Type Selection
Survey Questions
Account Owner
Successor Owner Information
Designated Beneficiary
User Profile
Investment Options
Funding Options
Automatic Investment Plan
Enroll Online Now – What You Need

  • Account Owner Information: The Account Owner, who is at least 18 years of age, is the person who controls the Account, names the Designated Beneficiary, directs the withdrawals and receives the Account statements. You will need the Account Owner’s address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, and date of birth.

    An Account may be established by an individual, certain legal entities, a custodian under a State’s UGMA or UTMA statute, or the trustee of a trust. The Account Owner must be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, resident alien or legal entity with a valid Social Security number or a taxpayer identification number. The Account Owner must also have a valid, permanent address in the U.S. (not a P.O. Box). There are no income limitations for the Account Owner to participate in, or benefit from, the Plan. There are no restrictions on state of residence to open an account. There may be only one Account Owner per Account (joint ownership is not allowed).

    To establish an account with a Trust, 501(c)(3), Partnership or Corporation, as Account Owner, please complete and submit a paper Enrollment Application.

  • Designated Beneficiary Information: A Beneficiary is the individual who will be the future student or who will benefit from the Account. You will need the Beneficiary's address, Social Security number, and date of birth.

  • Before investing, you should check with your, or your Beneficiary’s home state to determine if it offers tax or other benefits for investing in any plan.

  • Successor Account Owner Information: You may name a successor Account Owner if the Account you are opening will have individual ownership (naming a successor Account Owner is not an option if you are transferring funds from a UGMA/UTMA account). The successor Account Owner will become the Account Owner in the event of the death of the Account Owner. You will need the successor Account Owner's address, phone number/e-mail address, Social Security number, and date of birth.

  • Contribution Information: You may contribute to your new account via your checking or savings account or by rollover of an existing investment in another 529 plan. If you plan to transfer the initial contribution, or on-going contributions from your checking or savings account, you will will need the following information which can be found on your check:
    • Type of Account
    • Name of your financial institution (optional)
    • Your financial institution’s routing number
    • Your bank account number
    Please Note: If the bank account is a joint account, you must certify consent for both individuals. You can select to have the account be set up via a rollover of an investment in another 529 plan.